What is a Spit anyways? A narrow piece of land sticking out into the water. The Dungeness Spit is the longest in the U.S. There is a lighthouse 5 miles out, but we didn't feel quite that energetic for a 10 mile hike with the Children. It's not a very good picture, but the spit is the part that sticks out near the top on the left (ok, more like the middle).
There is a short 1/2 mile hike from the parking lot down to the spit
Lydia is so excited
So am I!
Matt being happy... he liked watching Lydia running in the water
Yours truly
Matt playing with a stick. We thought that those sticks looked like snakes as they were all twisty like.
We found a little lean-to that someone had made. Lydia and I tried to hide from Sheila and Matt but I guess the huge gap gave us away.
View from the beach
The happy (and beautiful) couple
Another view from the beach
Lydia and I playing in de water
Lydia (I asked her what she wanted me to say about this picture and she said "hi, I love you".)
Someone built these rock formations
View of the water form an overlook
Another view from the overlook
No comments:
Post a Comment