I was looking around to find a photo company place where I can upload my photos for an online photo backup. It would be nice to be able to share the photos and print them off fairly cheap. So far I've found 2 that I think are unlimited. I really like Picassa, but they have a 1GB limit. You could pay for more space, but me being the cheap guy that I am don't want to.
snapfish.com
I like how easy it is to upload photos to snapfish. The site has a good visual appeal. The only real problem that I have with it is that I can't view my pictures in a large format, like if someone wanted to make a desktop background of something. As far as sharing goes all it does is put a thumbnail with a link to their site. They have the ability to post directly to your blog, but unfortunately I can't seem to get it to work except to have it posted on the side bar.
- Like: easy to upload, $.08 for 4x6, modify picture
- Dislike: no really large pictures, sharing is kind of annoying
Fotki.com
I was skeptical at first as the visual appeal for this site just isn't there... for me at least. I went ahead and signed up as it had $.09 photos and I couldn't find a storage limit for it, but one of the comments said unlimited.
So far I like how you can add descriptions and data tags to photos. My problem is that there is no fast way to easily add comments and tags to these photos, you have to do it one by one. Maybe with the computer program you can? I really like their flash batch upload program and how you can create new albums right there on the spot. Unfortunately that didn't work for me on the school computers here as they are locked down pretty tight, so the only way I could upload photos is one by one. That issue might not make Fotki work for me... but we'll see. The advantage of it is that I can put in a title, description, and tags with each photo where I really wouldn't do it otherwise.
- Like: full size, reduced, and thumbnail image. Tags. $.09 prints
- Dislike: lacking visual appeal, batch uploaded doesn't work on school computers

No comments:
Post a Comment